Monday, June 20, 2011

Pretty in Portland

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity, we went down to Portland and back to Seattle in less than 26hrs, wowzer's! We went down to help my brother and his girlfriend (and her son) move into their new home, yay new digs! I was so jealous of the wood counters in the kitchen, the penny tiles in the bath and the Schoolhouse Electric Co. fixtures in every room! I actually had planned on heading into Schoolhouse Electric but it just wasn't in the cards for this trip, what a total bummer.
I also really wanted to eat at Ken's Pizza but then we decided to make things easier on us and stick to the hood(3 boys = make things easy) and grab a bite at Lovely's Fifty-Fifty pizza, oh my, it was heavenly! Everyone should drop what you are doing and go right now!
West Elm was also on my list of spots to hit and we actually did manage to walk in the doors 30 minutes before they closed. It was a big flop! I don't know why but it just didn't do it for me, I've been there a few times and would find things I liked but this time it just felt blah. Okay, I did see a pillow that was pretty and a rug that I could have brought home but in general blah. So I made everyone run down to DWR before they closed their doors but crud they closed an hour before, luckily we have one up here but closing at 6pm on a Saturday night kind of really sucks.Two Tarts Bakery.... nope, Bolt fabrics........ out of the question and finally I wanted to check out this lovely little shop that has simple beautiful clothing but did I go...... NO! Oh Una I really wanted to touch the pretty little things in your shop but I ran out of time and it was papa's day so I needed to let the hubby have a say too. But when I come back down to Portland with friends we'll be sure to come drool all over your almost one of a kind clothes ; )












No comments: